Tweak Me! is a simple program that helps you adjust dozens of system settings, all from one handy interface.
The good thing about Tweak Me! is that it gathers tweaks from different system areas and applications, and displays them into a well organized tree-like structure: Windows, Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Performance, Security and Windows Update. These settings would be otherwise scattered all over the system and definitely much harder to find.
Tweak Me! is very easy to use. Simply run the program, choose the language and then go over the list of tweaks, ticking those you’re interested in applying. When done, click the Save and Exit button. Note that you may need to restart the system in order for some tweaks to be applied.
While Tweak Me! displays information about the different settings you’re about to change, but we had the impression that it wasn’t enough. Also, it would be nice to have a built-in restore point functionality just in case something goes wrong.
Tweak Me! is a simple tweaking tool that lets you modify hidden settings in Windows, Internet Explorer, security and performance.
- New Feature: Windows 8 support added
- Tweaks: Added: "Enable old start menu" (Windows 8 - Metro UI)
- Tweaks: Added: "Start Ribbons minimized" (Windows 8 - Metro UI)
- Tweaks: Added: "Enable Snap feature with low screen resolution" (Windows 8 - Windows)
- Tweaks: Added: "Disable Tour" (Windows 8 - Internet Explorer)
- Tweaks: Added: "Disable Update Check" (Windows 8 - Internet Explorer)
- Tweaks: Added: "Disable Update Check" (Windows 8 - Media Player)
- Improvement: Improved algorithm of the application's update check
- Improvement: Application's update check is now multithreaded